The Air Force celebrated the 25th anniversary of the stealth B-2 Spirit bomber at Palmsdale, California at the Northrop Grumman facility ceremony. The bomber, with its unique ability to avoid detection, first went wheels up July 17, 1989, but remained in its testing phase 1993, but did not make real impact until it was used extensively during the 1999 Operation Allied Force. Allied Force was the 78-day bombing campaign against the Serbian military. The B-2 Spirit has been a part of every bombing operation ever since.
Posted by Neil McCabe on July 21, 2014 at 12:45 am
Author: Neil McCabe Neil W. McCabe is the editor of HE's "Guns & Patriots" e-letter and was a senior reporter at the Human Events newspaper. McCabe deployed with the Army Reserve to Iraq for 15 months as a combat historian. For many years, he was a reporter and photographer for "The Pilot," Boston's Catholic paper. He was also the editor of the free community papers "The Somerville (Mass.) News and "The Alewife (North Cambridge, Mass.)." Email him: firstname.lastname@example.org Follow him on Twitter: @neilwmccabe.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit
- Baltimore ends day with burning church senior center, Hero mom delivers slap heard ’round the news Mary Katharine Ham
- Rand Paul: Let’s face it, it was a mistake to topple Saddam Hussein Allahpundit
- By the way, Hillary has answered…seven media questions since announcing White House run Guy Benson
- Report: The six-figure link between the Clintons and Goldman Sachs Noah Rothman
- Democrats finally found an Obamacare-related tax hike they hate… Noah Rothman
- CNN: Ted Cruz thinks Democrats who support gay marriage are “fascist” Allahpundit
2nd Amendment Ammunition Anti-Gun Hysteria Anti-Gun Laws AR-15 ATF Barack Obama California Colorado Concealed Carry Connecticut Crime Everytown Ferguson Florida Georgia Gun Control Guns Guns & Gear Guns Saving Lives Illinois Maryland Mayors Against Illegal Guns Memes Michael Bloomberg Michigan Missouri Moms Demand Negligent Discharge new jersey news New York North Carolina NRA Ohio open carry pennsylvania Police Second Amendment Self Defense South Carolina Texas Training Video Washington