There is horrific news out of Virginia this morning, as a news crew filming an interview about tourism was gunned down on live television by a suspect captured on camera.

WRAL TV reports:

An unidentified gunman killed a reporter and photographer for a CBS affiliate in Virginia Wednesday morning in a shooting that was broadcast live.

Jeffrey A. Marks, general manager of WDBJ-TV, identified the two killed as Alison Parker and Adam Ward.

The shooting happened at about 6:45 a.m. at Bridgewater Plaza in Moneta, Va., which is about 25 miles southeast of Roanoke, where the station is based. Videos shows Parker interviewing someone about tourism. She was smiling when suddenly at least eight shots were heard.

The camera appeared to drop to the ground, and Parker can be heard screaming. The person is wearing black pants and a blue top and appears to be holding a handgun.

Law enforcement officials were searching for the shooting following the incident.

Vicki Gardner, head of the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce, was being interviewed when shots rang out. She was shot as well, and is currently in surgery.

I’ve been wrestling with whether or not to post the video of the shooting. It is chilling to see innocent lives taken without apparent reason or remorse by the suspect, and Parker’s screams are haunting.

In the end, nothing is gained by showing their deaths. There are no lessons to be learned here. We will not be posting the video.

The shooting does not appear to be a random act, and the suspect is thought to be a disgruntled former WDBJ employee.

Authorities are currently in pursuit of the suspect.

Update: The murderer has been self-identified as former on-air reporter “Bryce Williams,” who’s real name is Vester Lee Flanagan. He has a documented history of blaming racism for his problems. He filmed the attack from his phone and posted it to social media. His social media accounts were then suspended.

He then apparently shot himself minutes later, as law enforcement officers closed in on him. He appears to still be alive.

Predictably, anti-gun Democrats and members of the media are using this incident to call for more gun control.