screen-shot-2017-03-26-at-10-31-03-am

At least one gunman opened fire in a crowded nightclub in Cincinnati last night, sending panicked people streaming towards the exits as shots rang out.

A shooting that left one person dead and at least 14 others wounded stemmed from a conflict earlier in the day, Cincinnati police said.
The shooting was reported just after 1 a.m. at Cameo Night Club on Kellogg Avenue in Cincinnati’s East End.

At least one person is still at large, Cincinnati police said.

“The conflict is believed to have begun between specific groups or individuals earlier in the day, escalating and ultimately leading to this tragedy occurring at the nightclub,” Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black said.

Black has scheduled a news conference at 11 a.m. WLWT News 5 will air the conference live on air and online.

Officials said that one person was killed, and at least 14 others were injured. Some of the victims were taken to area hospitals via ambulance, and others arrived via their own conveyance, police said.

Assistant Police Chief Paul Neudigate said that several of the victims have life-threatening injuries.

The incident is not thought to be a terror attack similar to the Pulse night club shooting in Orlando, but is instead thought to have been related to a personal conflict.

Update: Authorities are now confirming there were multiple shooters and they fled the scene in the same vehicle.

Several unidentified shooters opened fire at a Cincinnati nightclub early Sunday, killing one person and wounding 15 others, officials said.

The shooters escaped the melee at club Cameo and they remained on the run Sunday.

“Several local men got into some type of dispute inside the bar and it escalated into shots being fired from several individuals,” Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac said during a Sunday news conference. “As a result there were 16 people that sustained gunshot injuries one of which is deceased. A total of 15 others that were injured, one in extremely critical condition.”