On Tuesday, Daniel Defense issued a safety recall related to a condition they identified with the Disconnector in the Fire Control Group. A handful of Daniel Defense firearms were impacted, although the gun manufacturer did not say which specific models.
Consumers who purchased a firearm from the company are encouraged to type their serial number into the safety notification checker to see if their firearm has been impacted.
Firearms purchased between April 1, 2016, and March 3, 2017, may fall into the safety recall.
If you discover your firearm is in fact impacted, stop using the firearm immediately and follow the company’s steps below:
- REMOVE THE MAGAZINE, CLEAR THE FIREARM and always follow the NRA Gun Safety Rules.
- Click here to fill out the Return Merchandise Authorization Form.
- A Daniel Defense representative will contact you as soon as possible to provide you with shipping instructions, including a pre-paid and pre-addressed UPS shipping label and box.
- Remove the upper receiver from the lower receiver by removing the front pivot pin and the rear take down pin. Reference the Daniel Defense owner’s manual at Section 3.7, p. 11 for more detailed instructions.
- Ship the lower receiver to Daniel Defense using the pre-paid and pre-addressed UPS shipping label and box.
- Daniel Defense will inspect and perform a corrective action in the most expeditious manner.
- Once the inspection is complete and any necessary corrective action is taken, the lower receiver will be shipped back to you and tracking information will be provided.
Not sure of how to go about the process? Watch the video below for help.