Looking ahead to Obama’s national address on the threat of terrorism scheduled for 8PM tonight, I have a few things on my mind. Mainly wondering how he thinks he knows better than politicians, Americans, and facts in general.
Attorney General Loretta Lynch eluded to his true agenda on this morning’s Meet the Press, claiming Obama will be urging congress to take action on gun laws in light of the San Bernardino, CA terrorist attack. Ignoring the fact that the Senate just shot down several gun control efforts and that more Americans support the protection of gun rights over the need for gun control, it appears Barack Obama may invade our television sets in an effort to tell us once again that we’re all wrong.
Trying to understand how he could possibly know any better than everyone else, I thought I’d lay out five points to see where Mr. Obama could possibly be coming from in determining why and how more his gun control agenda
can will make all the difference in the fight against terrorism:
• Of the states to enact stricter gun laws in the years after Sandy Hook, California led the pack. Naturally, when the deadliest mass shooting in America since Newtown took place there, Obama aims to do the same across the country.
• Gun free zones, like the one “enforced” at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, could not stop terrorists from bringing in guns and murdering innocent civilians. Just imagine if they would have brought in one of the many IED bombs they were building in Farook’s garage for weeks without impediment. No wonder Obama is focusing on guns, he’s so wise.
• As the number one gun salesman on the planet, Obama knows that as the number of gun owners goes up, homicide rates have gone down. Since he also knows that armed citizens are capable of defending themselves, he’s probably thinking that criminals who don’t currently follow the existing gun laws will magically follow new ones he signs with his special executive order pen. Or perhaps he’s looking to get rid of privately owned guns to keep more law enforcement gainfully employed on the taxpayer’s dime. That’s nice, too.
• If you’re like my friend Bob, you may be hedging your bets on Mr. Obama looking to create lists of enemies of the state in order to protect America from terrorism.
Interestingly enough, on Tuesday, Congressman Stephen Lynch said, “Back in August, we (the inspector general) did an investigation of the Department of Homeland Security, and they had 72 individuals that were on the terrorist watch list that were actually working at the Department of Homeland Security.”
Actually, there are six dozen DHS employees on the terror watch list, hundreds of thousands of Americans on no-fly lists who don’t belong there, and the TSA has a 95% failure rate.
While the number of names the US Government has accepted for inclusion on its terrorist watch list has swollen, with more than 1.5 million added in the last five years, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik weren’t on those lists or anybody’s radar. But I’m sure making more lists will be immensely effective in protecting innocent citizens. MORE LISTS, PLEASE!
• If stricter gun laws, more gun free zones, less legal carrying gun owners, and increased watch lists aren’t enough to stop terrorism in America, Obama is also working hard to ensure we also accept a sea of Syrian refugees into America. Despite an overwhelming majority of Governors standing against accepting refugees in their states, Americans polling 53% of voters favoring a total freeze of the process, and another 11% willing to accept only Christian refugees (excluding Muslims), Obama says it’s our duty to accept all willing to flee Syria rather than fight for their own country.
Take heart, patriots: even though there is no adequate vetting process in place for these people to ensure radicals are kept out of our country, there’s no guarantee it would help anyway. In July 2015, Tashfeen Malik was awarded a green card; meaning she passed Department of Homeland Security checks after lying on her Visa application, and being thoroughly “vetted”, welcomed into America.
Well, if nothing else, we can trust that Mr. Obama is wise enough to model America after peaceful European countries like Greece and France. As he stated quite clearly from Paris, and I quote, “I say this every time we have one of these mass shootings. This just doesn’t happen in other countries.” Word.