The cancer of progressive politics has metastasized into incredible proportions and state policymakers, as well as executives, have been scrambling to do everything in their power to subvert the Supreme Court’s orders in NYSRPA v. Bruen. Massachusetts has been the fifth or sixth – depending on how you view it – of the progressive holdout states to Hulk out in full temper tantrum, with the introduction of “carry-killer” bills, AKA “Bruen response” bills. Thankfully in the Bay State, the Gun Owners’ Action League is there to mobilize their membership and organize some strong defensive moves against the freedom-hating politicians. In part of their efforts, GOAL has announced they’re hosting a 2A Freedom Celebration on August 27, 2023.
Cam recently had Big Jim Wallace, the Executive Director of GOAL, on his show to discuss the current state of HD 4420. The bill labeled the Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act by GOAL, is probably the most egregious measure introduced to limit the keeping and bearing of arms in the country in modern time. The sensitive locations definitions alone cripple the exercise of this right.
Such bills and measures being rolled out the way they are, it’s almost as if there’s a big reward for whichever politician is able to pull off a work-around the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision, from the rich progressive leftist power-brokers in Washington, D.C.. These politicians are acting like they’re in a contest!
We’ve covered HD 4420 ad nauseam within the pages of Bearing Arms, but that’s because it’s so important that not only Massachusetts gets behind Massachusetts, but the entire country. When patriots are under assault like the ones the people of “Bruen states” are, it’s time to put the “United” in “United States.”
For those of you who are in Massachusetts or the surrounding area, consider getting a ticket for the 2A Freedom Celebration and join in. If you’re not able to make it, show your support by dropping a note or check to GOAL to let them know that you stand with them. The celebration is on August 27th and GOAL requires advance reservation and a ticket to attend.
GOAL’s 2A Freedom Celebration
Right in Speaker Mariano’s hometown!!
Sunday August 27, 2023
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
1000 Marriott Dr, Quincy, MA 02169
Open to GOAL Members and their guests!
Guest speakers – more to be announced as they confirm.
- Jim Wallace – GOAL Executive Director
- Cam Edwards – Bearing Arms Cam & Co. – Remote
- Jared Yanis – Guns and Gadgets
- Toby Leary – Cape Gun Works
- Charlie Cook – Riding Shotgun with Charlie
- Patrick Collins – TheGunFood.com
- Amanda Suffecool – EyeOnTheTargetRadio
- S&W M&P 15-22 Donated by Mass Firearms School
- Keltec Sub-2000 9mm – Donated by Cape Gun Works
- IWI Tavor X-95 – GOAL
Concert style seating.
- Thanksgiving Style
- Sam Adams Beef Brisket
Prosciutto, Pepperoni, Genoa Salami, Capicola, Kalamata Olives, Artichoke Hearts, Pepperoncini, Fresh Mozzarella,
DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL CHEESES
Gorgonzola, Sharp Cheddar, Goat Cheese, Boursin, Brie, Pepper Jack, Havarti, Manchego, and Fontina Cheeses, Garnished with Fresh Fruits and Berries, Crostini’s and French Baguettes and Crackers
CLICK HERE for tickets!
The sweet irony of the most draconian bill to be introduced in the United States was rolled out in the land where the shot heard around the world was fired. It’s unfortunate that the legislators, executives, and oftentimes judicial officers forgot the lessons learned from the founding of our nation. Massachusetts of all places, the so-called “leaders” should know better. This begs the questions, “What’s really on their mind? What do they really have in store for Bay State subjects?”
Consider supporting GOAL and their efforts, and sign up for this monumental event!
For more information on HD 4420, take a look at some of our past reporting on the subject and GOAL’s information page:
- Massachusetts Gun Law Listening Tour balanced or an exercise in lip service?
- Massachusetts Democrats race to ram anti-gun bill into law before August recess
- Massachusetts police chiefs blast proposed gun control package
- More signs of trouble for Massachusetts’ “Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act”
- Gun Owners Action League brings the receipts in its takedown of “Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act”
- Massachusetts House Speaker: no vote on gun control bill before August recess
- Who’s the liberty-hating mind behind Massachusetts’ “Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act”?
- Rep. Ron Mariano, the real force behind Massachusetts’ “carry-killer” legislation
- Massachusetts gun owners rally as anti-gunners recalibrate